Can Vaping Weed Stunt Your Growth? Is It Harmful To Vape Weed?
Consuming marijuana at a young age can have negative effects on teens, but can it stunt growth when consumed via vaping?
Vaping weed could possibly stunt growth and cause early puberty in boys, consuming nicotine and smoking marijuana at a young age can also interfere with brain development.
In our guide below, we will take you through the negatives of consuming marijuana vapes at a young age, why would adolescents consider quitting smoking marijuana and how to avoid vaping at a young age.
What Are The Negatives Of Vaping Weed Devices At A Young Age?
There are many risks of vaping as a teenager, and some of these health effects can turn into full-blown illnesses once they reach adult age.
The risks of vaping include –
- Addiction – Weed vaping can be very addictive, especially if they contain nicotine which can make the vaping habit worse.
- Anxiety or depression – Weed can help anxiety but can also cause it in young teens as well as depression.
- Lung damage – Vaping can be bad for your lungs just like smoking and cause lung inflammation over time.
- Toxins – There are many mysterious vaping illnesses which could be linked to the toxins in vaping juice, the heated metal coils can also leak into the vape.
- Become a smoker – People who start vaping are more likely to become smokers in the future.
Does Smoking Marijuana Affect Teenage Brains?
Whether you are consuming marijuana through vaping devices or smoking, marijuana consumption at a young age has been linked to decreased cognitive function in the brain.
The brain does not fully develop till the age of 25 therefore smoking at a young age, means marijuana smokers can have altered brain connections and cause abnormal brain shapes.
Why Adolescents Should Consider Quitting Weed Vapes
Teenage marijuana smokers can find it hard to quit vaping weed unless they have strong reasons, some reasons why marijuana addicts should consider quitting vaping is –
- Sports – Vaping can contribute to breathlessness which can make young adults bad at sports at school and other cardiovascular activities.
- Money – Vaping costs money! Vape juices can be very expensive and addictive substances.
- Addiction – If you start vaping at a young age you are much more likely to develop an addiction later on or any kind of substance abuse problem.
- Toxins – Vape juices can cause lots of health risks since they contain toxins, which could potentially cause damage to your insides!
Tips To Avoid Vaping Weed
To avoid health risks and stunting growth in the human brain we recommend following these tips to help you avoid vaping when you feel the urge.
- Know you might have withdrawal – If you vape a lot and are addicted to marijuana you might have some withdrawal symptoms, although not as harsh as nicotine withdrawal you could still experience irritation and headaches for example.
- Consider apps – There are many apps for quitting smoking and others which can help you quit your addiction, they can even show you your progress overtime.
- Decide why you want to do it – Writing down why you want to stop vaping can help you stay motivated on your quitting journey, read this when you feel like vaping.
- Do something else – When you get the urge to vape try drinking water, chewing gum, going for a walk or taking some deep breaths, you could also call a friend, and have people around you to help motivate you.
Overall, vaping weed can stunt growth in teenagers who vape the drug, they might suffer from changing brain connections and it can even alter the shape of a teen’s brain.
Marijuana smokers might argue vaping is a better alternative to smoking, but it still poses serious health risks due to the toxins and irritation of the lungs.