After a vape session, you may be curious to know about ABV or AVB Weed. ABV and AVB, standing for Already Been Vaped and Already Vaped Bud respectively, don’t always have to go to waste however.
Can you eat vaped weed? Yes! Although you can’t eat the gel capsule directly for obvious choking hazards, all you need is a few extra steps to get your ABV weed capsules into something delicious and edible.
Getting weed designed for the vaping process into an edible is a little different compared to fresh weed. Dosages of ABV weed can also vary greatly when compared to freshly ground up weed.
Fresh, non-vaporised weed doses can also be confusing for inexperienced users, who may be used to cannabis quantities in grams like buying fresh weed for medicinal or recreational purposes.
What is Already Vaped Weed?
When you finish vaping, you may not have used the full capsule of cannabis during your session. Especially if you enjoy short vape breaks.
Much like a half finished blunt with fresh weed, leftover cannabinoids can be put to use in other recipes and ways to make sure you get your money’s worth.
The vape process is generally unlikely to use up the entire cannabinoid content of your marijuana vape, and residual cannabinoids can still be very potent.
The potency of a single cannabinoid depends on your vape, how long you use it, and the temperature at which it operates. However, residual cannabinoids in a ABV capsule are still common.
A vape with convection heating is also likely to leave behind more marijuana after an initial vape. Still, shorter vaping sessions lead to more weed preserved and remaining.
The main issue with ABV and AVB is the taste. Even those who smoke weed regularly say the taste from ABV weed is overpowering and often off putting.
Weed for smoking has a different chemical makeup, while ABV tastes have been related to the taste you get from an inhale of bong water. Disgusting!
Can You Make Edibles Out of Weed Vapes
While you can make edibles out of vaped weed, there are some steps we always suggest to help you avoid that potent flavor.
Water curing is the most common treatment for weed vapes, as a water cure can draw out a lot of the powerful and foul taste from the vape cartridge. A cup of water or a bowl of water is all you need for water curing.
This water curing process can take a while, especially if you use more than a cup of water. You will have to check on it every 2-4 hours or so, so that you can replace any discolored water with fresh water instead.
Thankfully, this will seriously reduce the bad tasting elements of ABV vape weed, and get you on track to making cannabis edibles.
Ingredients for a Vape Edible
When it comes to normal edibles, nothing tops the brownie. While not a health food, the sweetness of most brownie mixes masks the powerful flavor of weed well.
An array of food is also available, such as ABV coconut oil if you want to make your own weed oil at home. However, we’ll be looking at brownies in this section.
So, once you air dry the water cured ABV weed, these are the ingredients you will need to make your own vape pen brownies:
- 3/4 cup of sugar (granulated is best)
- AVB weed (water cured)
- 1/4 cups of cannabutter (this is 4 tbsp)
- 4 ounces of regular butter (unsalted for the health conscious)
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup of all purpose flour
- 2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup of brown sugar, packed down
- 12 ounces of chocolate, dark or milk chocolate depending on your personal preference
How to Cook a Vape Edible
You may know how to cook a brownie, but making a cannabis edible is entirely different. Weed can be volatile in an oven after all.
So, take your time with the following steps, and keep some air freshener handy. The last thing you want when you make a mistake is for your entire kitchen to smell of cannabis!
Once you have set aside a couple hours for baking, here is what you will want to do:
- 1) Turn on your oven and preheat it to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- 2) Grease or line a baking tray. Any medium sized baking tray will do, so long as it fits inside your oven and can be cooked evenly.
- 3) Melt both your regular butter and cannabutter together, into a single cup of butter.
- 4) Transfer this butter into a pan with the chocolate, and stir until the chocolate has melted. Make sure to transfer every dollop of butter to avoid wastage.
- 5) In the same pan, add your salt, extra AVB, white sugar, and brown sugar. Start stirring these ingredients until thoroughly combined.
- 6) In a bowl, crack and beat your eggs with a whisk. Keep whisking until foamy, then add your vanilla extract.
- 7) Allow your chocolate mix to cool slightly before adding it into the egg bowl. Combine the two mixtures together to help cool the melted chocolate and butter.
- 8) Add the all purpose flour, and combine it with a whisk. Make sure you can’t see any serious lumps of white powder before continuing.
- 9) Pour the mixture onto your baking tray, and place it into the oven for 25-30 minutes.
Once thoroughly cooked, allow your brownies time to cool before enjoying them. You can also make cannabutter using AVB weed pens, if you can’t purchase it yourself.
You can also use AVB weed vapes in coconut oil as well as butter, and a tincture which we will go on to discuss.
Making a Tincture Out of Vaped Marijuana
If you cure your AVB in a strong alcohol such as vodka, you can make you own DIY tincture as well!
Although not as popular as other recipes or using AVB wax with weed cigarettes, tinctures are popular among the more experienced marijuana users.
A tincture is a little more advanced than your basic baking edible recipe, needing glass bottles, pipettes, and even a cloth filter.
Easy Food Solutions With Vaped Cannabis
Once you have water cured your AVB weed, it can be easy to add to a host of recipes. One of the most popular is ABV coffee.
Not too far from the kind of thing you would order in a Dutch coffee shop, coffee grounds can easily mask any residual bad tastes from the AVB.
Hot water and a coffee filter do wonders when adding your weed in milk for a morning coffee, or a good way to relax during a lunch break.
If you dislike a strong coffee flavor, then you can try weed in tea. Tea is already a leafy plant based drink, so cannabis really belongs in it.
However, the taste of tea is not as strong compared to coffee, or other ways of masking poor water curing and foul tasting AVB.
If you’re looking for a really simple snack, then just sprinkle your water cured weed onto a peanut butter sandwich.
One layer of peanut butter, maybe an extra layer of jelly or jam, and you’re good to go!